Saturday, October 12, 2013

Banana Waffles

Happy Saturday!

Despite an achy back, going to sleep late, and forecasts of yet more rain for today, I woke up feeling surprisingly good, and so I made myself this for breakfast!


Suppose it helped my mood that instead of rain we actually did get sun! But anyways, these are an easy and fairly healthy breakfast that I like to make on the weekends instead of my typical weekday-hastily-downed-protein-shake.

The waffles are Kashi brand, and they have only 150 calories and 3g sugar in 2 of them - made with whole grains too, so a good source of healthy carbs, especially to start the day with! I like to slice a banana on top, as the waffles are naturally sorta sweetish, and the banana complements them pretty well.

Sometimes I spread peanut/almond butter on the waffles first, or sprinkle cinnamon on top, but I'm finding that the banana flavour comes through better when it's just by itself. Anyways, these with a cup of coffee (and later some tea) were the perfect way to start my weekend, Autumn table decorations included!

1 comment: