Thursday, September 19, 2013

Micro-eggs

A thing I'd heard several people mention to me was this concept of making scrambled eggs in the microwave. For a while I ignored it, cause it seemed to good to be true (and I am the Lazy Guy for a reason), but recently I looked it up on the internet and it seemed legit. I think I even cut out some of the steps from what I found. 

All I do to whip these up is crack two eggs into a bowl, toss in some spices, and stir em with a fork until properly scrambled. Then I microwave em. Depending on your microwave's power, you'll probably have to fiddle with the settings to find what works best, but for me, I just to a minute on high (two presses of the Express button for this lazy guy), and then I stir em up a bit more before putting them in for another 30-60 seconds. This helps make the eggs look more scrambly instead of like a giant egg patty, but even the giant egg patty is fluffy as heck and tasty :P

Once cooked, I like to adorn my eggs with some mexican sauces or salsas - this time I tried Trader Joe's Peach Salsa, which was great! With a side of cantaloupe and some tea, this was a nice brunch-time snack. I'm also a fan of dousing them in tabasco sauce, chipotle flavor - or buffalo! Cause if you can have buffalo chicken, you can have buffalo eggs. Enjoy!

Time Taken: Like 5 minutes
Nutrition: Between 120 and 160 calories for two eggs, depending on the size, plus plenty of protein :D

Note: The bowl used to microwave these in will get some egg residue on it - be warned, as it may take an extra couple minutes to clean, not usually something the lazy man puts up with, but for this tasty dish, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment